Tuesday, June 30, 2009

MASSIVE ART ATTACK!

It's an entry that will put you in a karmic coma ala Massive Attack!

I finally gained access to the scanners on the third floor after a good deal of slacking off on Monday and having a drawing session at my friend Ben Z's house and I've pretty much scanned in everything that I've been doing for the past few weeks, so you're getting the newest and best flavors as of this entry.

Let's get started shall we?

Here are some sketchbook entries from Ben Z's last drawing session from Monday night. Some of you might recognize who these people are and I'm not going to bother telling you who is who! Why? Anonymity of course!







Up next are random studies and observational drawing! Not much to say, but they are pretty nifty!








The small images on the side here are concepts from when I was really depressed earlier this summer due to isolation and a lack of social interaction... Just so you know. I may finish one of them in the near future, but we'll see.



And finally move onto concept/idea sketches, some are really rough, so you might want to enlarge them before viewing.



This might turn into a screen print that I'm doing for my girlfriend, Gillian. It's a massive reference to the Fountain since we seem to have running inside jokes with that film... Or references if you will. (Man, I need to watch that again.)



This last series of sketches involves girls with tattoos, piercings or body modification! The first one is a sketch I'm going to give someone as a present in the near future for hooking me up with screen printing ink at a party I went to involving a floral design become a garden, the second is a girl in a scarf, a belt and underwear and not much else... Oh yeah and she has tattoos. The third is of a girl with piercings, reading a book on a bed with a halter top and jeans on and finally, a girl with piercings listening to an iPod. Isn't this fun, kids?

And on the last image of the night, here's something I drew today based on a photo by my friend Victoria taken at her farewell party on Saturday! I'm already redoing this one since it was just a study from reference.



There's a photo that was taken of me that I might do a portrait of because it's rather classy. But we'll see about that in the future.

Since this is technically the post for Wednesday, I think this is pretty fulfilling. You think I can do the same for Friday? If you say no, then you may be correct but let's see how this goes first.

Enjoy! Also, repeat viewers may want to become followers.

2 comments:

  1. Your link work is really improving. You can really see it in the observational stuff. I like the yellow version of the print best. I think it is dynamic and clear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the "Tree of Life"!!

    -Kait

    ReplyDelete