Thursday, June 18, 2009

I'm Getting Bad At This!

And once again, I'm a wee bit late with my update. I'm seriously getting bad at this.

Not much of an update this week I'm afraid! The only big news that's gone down is that I'm almost done with the comic I was working on this week and that I officially know how to do real hardcore photo emulsion with photographs and drawings! I just learned how to do it this evening in my silkscreening class and the silkscreens look excellent! Once a few prints get made I'll put them up in an update but this is wicked important for me right now because now I can do more with my silkscreens than I ever could before!

That and I can teach two of my friends how to do really slick silkscreening now that goes beyond paper stencils! Also really cool art pieces to help me kick Illustration's ass up and down the block!

I've also been on a small horror media stint right now reading World War Z and I'm really getting into stories about towns with dark pasts that come back to haunt them or where bad things happen actively. I'm trying to find more stories like this but I was wondering if anyone could give me some suggestions? It can be a TV show, movie or book, doesn't matter. I'm just really fascinated by this right now. (Just so you know, I've read It, Uzumaki, The Shadow Over Innsmouth, The Lottery.)

Again, I don't have much to show right now since most of it's old but here's some sketches that are new and are related to my silk screening course and my first real photo emulsion piece! Check it out!





Also, here's some Junior year sketchbook work! Two from the second part of Mister Reusch's Monster Draw's at MassArt and one of a girl from one of my classes.







There may be an update on Friday but I'm not sure since I'm heading home in the evening to go see "No Doubt" with my sister and my girlfriend in Mansfield, Massachusetts. I'll probably be able to do it but let's see what happens first.

See you tomorrow or Monday!

1 comment:

  1. I like the design for the newest print. I'm not sure how I feel about the font, but I think that is because I don't know the musician very well. Seems a tad bulky/gothic. I anxiously await the finished product :) By the way, will you teach me photo emulsion? other printmaking techniques I'm not so into...but I think that I would like to make one of those with my photos.

    ReplyDelete